Vietnam, Laos & Cambodia - Example Itinerary
Exclusive Vietnam and Laos 15-day Eco Tour
This fifteen-day tour is a prestige eco tour designed for small groups of travellers. In Vietnam, starting from Hanoi capital, you will visit peaceful villages by Red River Delta, explore a subtropical forest and a limestone “karts” valley , tour Sapa – a picturesque mountainous area populated by colourful ethnic minorities. In Laos, you will stop over at Luang Prabang ancient town before enjoying time on your own at a hideaway lodge in lush forest of Pakse, where you can learn to ride an elephant, ride mountain bike and so on. At the end of the trip, you visit Vientiane capital city.
Day 1: Arrive Hanoi. Private transfer to hotel. Quiet hosted dinner at a colonial restaurant, as well as a water puppet show (unique Art form in Vietnam).
Day 2: Full day in Hanoi with a private guide (includes lunch)
Day 3: Exploring the villages in the Red River Delta with private guide.
Day 4: Drive to Cuc Phuong, one of Vietnam’s National Parks. Cultural visits and gentle cycle ride before lunch. Afternoon boat ride between paddy fields and through caves. Return to Hanoi to pick up your luggage and embark on the night sleeper train to Lao Cai.
Day 5: Arrive Lao Cai and be met and driven to Sapa, a small mountain town opposite Vietnam’s highest peak. Breakfast, and then depart for the start of your experience of this beautiful natural area. Meet the locals, hike through a bamboo forest and enjoy the scenery. End the day at
Day 6: A full day hiking through unspoilt areas of great natural beauty, learning about the local way of life. This is an area rarely visited by tourists. Approx 7 hours of medium level hiking (but plenty of time to stop and experience the surroundings). Return to Lao Cai with a hotel room arranged before departing on the night train to Hanoi.
Day 8. Early arrival in Hanoi, with private transfer to your hotel. Afternoon flight to Luang Prabang, with private arrival transfer to Laos Spirit Resort.
Day 9. Luang Prabang. Rise with the sun to see the 5 am procession of monks receiving alms from the people. Breakfast and then explore Luang Prabang with your private guide.
Day 10: A day walking and meeting the H’mong and Kmu ethnic communities.
Day 11: Morning flight from Luang Prabang to Pakse. Private arrival transfer to Kingfisher Ecolodge.
Day 12 & 13: Unstructured time at Kingfisher Ecolodge. This is a complete “get away from it all” nature experience, with plenty on offer, including elephant rides and mountain bike riding.
Day 14: Morning departure to Pakse, then fly to Vientiane. Private arrival transfer to hotel. Afternoon sightseeing. Overnight Vientiane.
Day 15: Private transfer to the airport for your departing flight.
*As with all our itineraries, this can be extended or tailored to your specific requirements.
This is just a shortform itinerary – please contact us for a fully detailed itinerary.
Guide price (based on 2 people travelling during December 2012) £2,040 per person.
• Breakfast and accommodation sharing a twin or double room. Hanoi hotel will be 4-star, other accommodation is unique and boutique style.
• Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above (Please note: pick-ups will be by a guide and driver or, where a guide is not necessary, a driver only. All unaccompanied drivers will be briefed in advance, and will carry a mobile phone to ensure smooth transfer arrangements)
• Domestic flight tickets in Laos: Luang Prabang – Pakse and Pakse – Vientiane, including domestic airport taxes.
• International flight ticket: Hanoi - Luang Prabang, including international airport taxes at Noi Bai airport in Hanoi.
• Return train tickets: Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi in Superior four-berth cabin in Fanxipan Express carriage
• Boat cruises as specified in the programme.
• Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle with an experienced safe driver.
• The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary (please note: guides will be on hand from pick-up until guests’ return to their hotel or reaching their destination). Free days or part days will not include the services of a guide unless requested and included in the final itinerary.
• Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme.
• Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available. Lunch is included most days.
• VAT and other taxes
Return international flights from your home country.
Travel insurance (essential)
Visas (we will assist with these)
This itinerary is created by our colleagues Haivenu Tours. We always work with trusted and knowledgeable local agents, whose ethos of personal service compliments that of Shellseekers.