Peru - Example Itinerary
Amazing Legacies of Millenary Cultures: Machu Picchu and Rapa Nui
An inspiring 12-day program joining two of South Americas' icons: Machu Picchu and Easter Island or Rapa Nui.
In Peru, explore deeply the heart and soul of one of the most fascinating civilizations in the Americas, the Incas.
While Easter Island in the Polynesia is the farthest island from any populated land on the planet, birthplace of a culture, of which the moai - giant statues sculpted from volcanic rock - play silent witness to this history.
Highlights of the itinerary
- Lima, the country´s capital, home to superb museums and restaurants.
- Cusco, a very cosmopolitan city and a wonderful hybrid between the Inca and Spanish world.
- Sacred Valley, a setting of picturesque communities, impressive terraces and important archaeological sites.
- Machu Picchu, the most important legacy of the Inca Empire, named one of the New Seven Wonders of the World!
- Easter Island: explore its stunning geography and rich unique culture of the ancient Polynesian peoples.
Itinerary day by day
(please contact us for this itinerary in full detail)
Day 1 (THU): Arrival in Lima
Day 2 (FRI): Lima: discover the history and traditions of the capital of Peru (B)
Day 3 (SAT): Cusco, Capital of the Inca Empire (B)
Day 4 (SUN): Sacred Valley of the Incas (B/L)
Day 5 (MON): Machu Picchu (B/L)
Day 6 (TUE): Cusco / Lima / Easter Island (B)
Day 7-10: Easter Island (B)
Day 11 (SUN): Easter Island / Lima (B)
Day 12 (MON): Lima/international departure (B)
Note: flights between Lima and Easter Island only operate on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Price from £2,370 per person
This price is based on two people sharing double accommodation, in standard hotels. We also offer Superior and First-class accommodation for the package.
Price does not include international flights.
As with all our holidays, this can be extended.
Shellseekers can put together your specific holiday requirements for Peru...